My Story. And My Mission.
Hi there and welcome to my “other” site. If you went to my .com site, you’ll gather that I’m a serial entrepreneur. I also have a business strategy and leadership development consulting company. However, my other passion includes advocating for a vegan lifestyle and sustainability.
My personal journey started as a latch-key child being raised by my single mother in Germany in a very small town. I started to cook for myself at age eight. We were very fortunate in that my grandmother grew a lot of her own produce, which we were luckily recipients of. I experimented with both cooking and baking and just loved it. Plus, there was a strong emphasis on environmental awareness. I also had the good fortune to play in the woods or out in the fields enjoying nature at its finest. Well, after moving to the US to live with my father’s family and going to college, I conveniently forgot about eating healthfully and green living for the first two years.
A not so healthy weight gain and allergies then guided me back to these principles. My current vegan lifestyle approach and commitment to sustainability has been a 20-year evolution though. My goal here is to share with you my lifestyle approach. I’m a positive activist and advocate. So, you won’t find me telling you what you “should” do. I think we’re both better served by my taking a positive approach and modeling the way. I personally don’t like being told what to do – I’m too much of a free spirit. Also, as I said – my current approach has been an evolution. I didn’t jump cold turkey into veganism. I was a vegetarian on and off for many years until having a very deep spiritual experience during the passing of my beloved cat in 2012.
Speaking of cats…this picture shows me with 3 of my 4 cats. And my cats are not vegan. These 4 wonderful rescues though remind me that kindness and compassion is where life is. And that’s how I want to keep the tone of this website. You might not agree with my lifestyle approach. That’s totally okay with me. I would just ask that if this site isn’t your cup of tea – please leave with kindness and not with a hater rant.
And on to some fun facts about me…
- I’m literally food-obsessed. I wake up in the middle of the night having come up with recipes. (I’ve been told that I’m such a great vegan cook!)
- My friends used to call me an energizer bunny on the dance floor. I could dance for hours and hours. Now I sneak in daily dance moves as my exercise…
- I was born in Germany to a German mother and American father. I spent the majority of my youth and teenage years living in Germany with my mother. (And, yes, I’m bilingual – I get that question all the time…)
- I love cats. My soulmate pet, Rusty, passed away in December 2012 at age 16. He was my greatest spiritual teacher. He was kind to send me new love bugs, Merlin, Mystic Morrigan,Lucky & Lilac who bring me much joy daily.
- I’m a driven eco-activist in our house. Watch out for when you leave light switches on; don’t compost or recycle; or leave the water running.
- I enjoy reading, listening to music and can often be found on my deck gazing into the woods for inspiration.
- I’m like a kid in the candy shop at the farmers market. I can’t make up my mind and tend to go overboard with wanting to buy everything.
- I love feminine, jewel-colored clothing. And my closet is organized by colors.
- I’m known for wearing really unique fashion jewelry.
- The owl in my logo…well, I have an owl in my backyard woods that visits at times and hoots wonderful messages…
Also, in case you’re interested in my professional credentials, just have a read here. And thanks for joining me on this wonderful journey to make a difference in the world – for animals, nature and naturally people.